Saturday, March 7, 2009

Enough Already...

So, I really don't want to blow my brains out. Really. I try hard not to hear the news but it just keeps sucking me in and sending me into the depths of depression and hopelessness.

Today I read a MSNBC piece about Bryan Ross, their evening news anchor, asking people to write in with some good news and he was flooded with emails from people with actual good news, stories of people doing good things to help out their neighbors and actual strangers. It wasn't very long or detailed or I would link to it. Mr. Ross will be sharing these stories starting next week so I think we should all tune in to hear it. If for no other reason than to keep from blowing our brains out.

I have totally stopped reading my reader too. It is filled with doom and gloom. So today I ventured into my reader and this is what slapped me...just the highlights, k?

From Crooks and Liars:

"Analysts increasingly view the administration's actions so far as insufficient given the scope of the problem. The stimulus package was designed to "save or create" 3.5 million jobs, according to the administration. But the nation has already lost 4.4 million jobs since the start of the recession. Many banks and other financial institutions, whose health is critical to the economy, are teetering, and the Treasury Department has yet to finalize the details of its plans to remove from their balance sheets the toxic assets dragging them down."

Then at the bottom of the article this (somebody please explain)

"The International Monetary Fund yesterday urged governments worldwide to consider additional fiscal stimulus, noting that the public sector must help prevent a collapse of confidence."

Are they trying to hook us in again, like the mortgage companies did, saying, don't worry about tomorrow, go on and spend it? Or are they speaking of the banks that are hoarding the TARP funds and not issuing credit when they should be? I'm confused.

And then there is friggin' AIG. I'm not going to link to anyone who has written a story about AIG. If you don't know the story then Google AIG and you will find out that this one company is going to bankrupt the entire world before it's finished. All I really want to know is who in the hell are they sleeping with and how in the hell can I get some of that action?

Don't even get my unemployed self started on the bleakness of the unemployment figures and my looming first loan payment. I don't even know if they will give me another forbearance. Hopefully they will.

Then there is healthcare. At this point I'm figuring I'll get screwed on that just like I got screwed with the stimulus package.

There was one good thing that happened this week, or will happen next week. From the National Women's Law Center:

The Obama Administration officially announced today that it is taking action to rescind a harmful Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) rule.

The following is a statement by Marcia D. Greenberger, Co-President of the National Women’s Law Center:

" “The Obama administration deserves great praise for its move today to rescind this harmful rule, which serves only to undermine patients’ access to vital health care services and information, and poses especially grave risks to women’s health and lives.

“Americans have made it clear that they support a commonsense approach to reproductive health care that ensures that women have access to contraception and other much-needed services and information. We look forward to working with the Obama Administration on developing and expanding health care policies that meet the needs of women and their families.”

More information and analysis of the harmful Bush Administration HHS rule is available here."
They also have a great resource page here

Then there is this:

"President Obama will announce Monday that he is reversing Bush administration limits on federal financing for embryonic stem cell research as part of a pledge to separate science and politics"

I swear if I could have I would have willingly donated the embryonic stem cells from my abortions. It would have gone a long way to alleviate some of the guilt if I could have been assured they were going for research. I suspect they probably did, even without my consent.

Ok, that's it for me tonight, maybe tomorrow I'll wake up with a better attitude... :)

*edit*

Forgot one...Headline of the week:


John 'Torture' Yoo now says he'll be honest

uh, huh...oh, why the hell not, you won't be punished for any of it...

*edit*

Did I forget the ponzi/scammers and their lavish lifestyles..How To Spot a Ponzi Con Artist? Follow the Yachts

Yep, that makes me feel all friggin' warm and fuzzy this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment