Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Of All the Things I've been Pissed About On This Blog This Pisses Me Off The Most!

*Edit* Here are more extensive links on the subject for you. Thanks to Trench Warfare --see sidebar

Why is Gas so Expensive
Amaranth's Enron Connection

THE ROLE OF MARKET SPECULATION
IN RISING OIL AND GAS PRICES:
A NEED TO PUT THE COP BACK ON THE BEAT


Right now it's late and I'm tired. I just have to wonder why we are taking this. We know it's true. We just keep trying to get by on our ever dwindling finances. We make adjustments such as going from soda to sweet tea, then sweet tea to not so sweet tea, then just plain tea and pretend that it ain't so bad. I'm sure you have an analogy of your own, chronicling the adjustments you've made so you can afford to get to work. I guess when we get all the way down to plain ole tap water then maybe we'll protest a bit, ya think? You can bet those arrogant bastards on Wall Street aren't scrimping to get by. I'm so sick of paying for someone else's greed. How long...well I was going to say the middle class, but, hell we don't even have a middle class anymore, so how long are we going to take paying for someone else's greedy mistake?

Oh, I almost forgot...click the title link for the story....I'm going to go hit the sheets now and hope I can sleep a quiet, peaceful sleep.....geez, thanks KAK :)

3 comments:

  1. http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2008/05/29/price_of_gasoline/index.html

    The above article basically says the same thing: most of the price of gas comes from the price of crude oil. Said article really doesn't say why the prices have gone up, although it alludes to the trading. For every dollar increase in the price of crude, we pay 2.5 cents for it at the pump.

    The price of crude was actually down today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope by the time you read this you've had a good night's sleep. I know the kind of thing you are saying. Although I'm trundling along at a fairly even pace at the moment, I've been in particularly sticky points in the past and particularly when I was studying.
    More, I'm presented by poverty on a daily basis at work. And I work on the borders of the financial heart of London, in the high-rise social housing which is less than 1/2 a mile from the City Banks.
    It stinks, but I don't know if I've become more complacent - I only get angry from time to time. Wasted money in particular and bars selling glasses of water about 20 yards from houses where families struggle to buy groceries.
    Maybe becoming resigned to things not changing is a first sign of giving up. I'll have a think on that.
    Anyway, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what's been pissing me off lately? All the articles I have been reading lately about how everyone "thinks" the government can fix the oil problem, when really there's nothing the government can do. I wonder how much they're being paid to write that bullshit. Ethics, anyone?

    ReplyDelete