Sunday, March 29, 2009

YaYa's Funhouse

Normally I don't follow domestic type blogs. Everybody is just to damn happy, ya know? Anyway, I happened upon YaYa's Funhouse today and had myself a good laugh. Not only does she love Lucy as do I but we are the same age living in the same town...how strange is that? Anyway this is what I found over there:

"WHAT WE'VE LEARNED IN THE SOUTH

-A possum is a flat animal that sleeps in the middle of the road
-There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 of them live in South
-There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 of them live in South
-If it grows, it'll stick ya. If it crawls, it'll bite cha
-It is not a shopping cart, it's a buggy
-People actually grow and eat okra
-There is no such thing as 'lunch.' There is only dinner and then there is supper
-Iced tea is appropriate for all meals, and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar
-Backwards and forwards means, 'I know everything about you'
-You don't have to wear a watch, because it doesn't matter what time it is. You work until you're done or it's too dark to see
-You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH EM
-You measure distance in minutes
-You switch from heat to A/C in the same day
-The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local gossip and high school football
-You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday
-You find 100 degrees Fahrenheit 'a bit warm'
-You know all four seasons: Almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christmas
-You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as good chili weather"


Don't I post my chili recipe right after the first cool snap? The possum cracked me up. She got the seasons right, that's for sure, but the one that got me was switching from heat to A/C in the same day...we're in that pattern right now :) go on over and have a gander...

3 comments:

  1. That's a great name for a blog. Please Don't Interrupt is good, too. She's a Georgia gal, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have that heat/AC thing in Ohio too. I just had to do that today. Went out this morning and had to defrost my car. On the way home at 2, I had to turn on the cool. And I like a little tea in my sugar too. LOL You can keep them snakes and spiders, though, and the scorpions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. r- says MS on her profile page and i thought i remember something she said about the j-town...maybe i'm mistaken, been sittin in a hard card table metal chair for two days getting "trained"

    h- it's not so much the snakes and spiders that get me it's the knats and flies that bug me...well...i don't like snakes either but spiders my mom trained me to kill when i was 2 i think 'cause she was so freaked out by them and she passed that fear on to the boy, so i'm still having to kill spiders :)

    ReplyDelete