Monday, November 3, 2008

Pioneer Thinking

Lately, I have been wanting to eliminate the chemicals from my life. I do this from time to time and should live by this code...chemical free, as I do feel so much better when I do. Pioneer Thinking is going to help me do just that and so much more :) Please check it out, I'm sure you will find many helpful remedies there for whatever ails you...I going to try these because when I start working I will be spending a fortune on hair color. If my gray came out with that lovely white streak or some such other beautiful combination then I wouldn't worry about it but no, each individual strand is partially gray in a haphazard random pattern and not only that but the rest of my hair didn't stay the same color but turned this really ugly black :( Did I mention that I can never find a color that suits me or if I do then, either the store doesn't have that color when I go back or, more likely, I can not remember what the name of the color was that I so loved. So, maybe these will work:


Covering Gray Hair Recipe
Homemade Hair Dye
By Purdue University

Wash your hair with one of the following rinses. Pour the selected rinse through your hair 15 times, re-rinsing with the same liquid. On the final rinse, wring hair, and leave for 15 minutes before rinsing with clear water.

Covering Gray: Simmer 1/2 cup dried sage in 2 cups water for 30 minutes, then steep for several hours. Apply to hair and leave on until dried. Then rinse and dry. Repeat weekly, until desired shade, then monthly to maintain color.

Sage And Rosemary Natural Hair Dye
By Teresa Smith

SAGE. I am sure you know that it is a healing herb and it relaxes as a tea. In a bath, it smells good and eases my breathing.

I make a strong 'tea' of Sage and a bit of Rosemary, strain it and refrigerate it, and before I wash my hair, I spray it on the base of the gray patches of hair, even have massaged it in. leave it for 5 - ten minutes and then wash as usual, and care for my hair as I normally do. After a few weeks of this (I do this almost daily), the gray is disappearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment